Hike with breathtaking views of most of the villages on this northern slope of the Petite Luberon. You will discover many species of birds between shaded valleys and scrubland.
Description of the course:
1. Departure at the bottom of the campsite, small green grid gate. Follow the signage of the white and red GR on the trail that climbs to the left, steep on old paved path.
Shaded valley and mossy, boxwood accompany us to the top. Slow progress, but beautiful views of the village of Maubec, the Ventoux and the Calavon Valley.
2. We arrive in a more flat curve with cotton cistus shrubs, very flowering in spring. The time
to warm up in the sun and take a break, before resuming the climb through a tunnel of holm oak and boxwood.
3. Arriving on the ridge at the sign Draille des Frères Nouguier, take the path on the right. Then at the post Le Quillot turn right (Altitude 502 m), take Robion at 3.2 km. On the left you can see the Alpilles, the Durance Valley and Cavaillon. Continue on the trail, view of Gordes, Lagnes, and the Dentelles de Montmirail in the background. Go along the northwest ridge.
4. Begin the descent to Robion through the scrubland and then a cedraie (have good knees) to arrive at the Théâtre de Verdure. Once on the parking lot, go down the village on your right, just 20 m take the path that runs along a wall, this one leads you to the chapel of Notre Dame des Anges and the botanical trail.
5. Go down the rue la Fromageonne and arrive at the cemetery, turn right onto the GR on the road de la Glissette until the Bouteiller district.
6. Turn right onto the forest road towards the forest.
7. Cross the campsite of Maubec (gate on your left) and reach the parking lot.
Discover the beautiful village of Maubec in the Luberon in Vaucluse. Perched village that offers stunning views of the Monts de Vaucluse up to the Ventoux.
Discover our editions of the Luberon Heart of Provence to prepare your weekend and holidays: guide, accommodation, hiking...Order