Easy walking route on the Montagnette to Maubec.
From one of the car parks reach the municipal campsite “Des Royères du Prieuré” starting point of the circuit.
1. Take the path of La Combe St Pierre on the GR (White and Red Picto) which runs due East, with the Luberon massif on your right.
2. We leave the asphalt road to continue on the dirt road between holm oak forest and vines. (possibility to observe jays, chickadees and sittelles).
3. Continue along this path you will see old cherry trees on the right, and in the background a rosary of Atlas cedar trees. On your left along the hill you will see restanques or benches (retaining walls for terraced cultivation).
4. Continue for 300 m you arrive at the level of a body of Provencal farmhouses located on your right, you will take to the left between the walls of dry stones, a small rather steep path that leads between olive trees and Aleppo pines towards the top of the hill. (Trail not marked!).
5. Once at the top, take the time to turn around and admire the Luberon and its limestone cliffs. Continue on your left, the path runs between pine trees and rocky outcrops. 100 m further a small climb on your right between rocks, you join the ridge line of the hill.
6. Once at the summit turn left, direction full west. This trail passes under a pine forest. Continuing you will see remnants of restanques or benches. The ridge will allow you to have a continuous view of the Luberon on the left and the Monts de Vaucluse on the right. You may see, in summer, Circaète Jean-Le-Blanc (reptile hunter) wandering along the cliffs. At some point you will start the descent slightly to the left, continue straight under the holm oaks along the rocky bar to the right. (gentle slope pay attention to narrow passages).
7. You will arrive at the level of the houses below, and you will see in front of you the bell tower of the village. Go down the stairs you have arrived, you can reach the parking lot.
Discover our editions of the Luberon Heart of Provence to prepare your weekend and holidays: guide, accommodation, hiking...Order