Easy level, Distance 6km, Duration 2h30 Points of interest: Beautiful village of Vaugines known for its natural scenery used by filmmakers. Cucuron is also a delight.
1. Once arrived near the communal school embark on the road that descends to the left, stone wall all along between the vines.
2. At the junction turn left again, arrived at the second crossing with a basin, go in front, continue straight ahead. (Follow the country path) Leave in turn the two paths that leave to the right. Lots of cherry trees in the surrounding area. (GR 97)
3. At the intersection of a track, turn right and continue until you reach a private entrance. There turn left to bypside the property to arrive on a track. (Wooded part) Straight up to the small road.
4. Turn left, until the department 56. Turn right (Font de ville) towards the village of Cucuron cross a small bridge (Rue Boulevard du Nord). (Longer stop if visiting Cucuron).
5. Proceed from the path of Gabarut and the intersection Route de l'Etang. Go up the little Route de Vaugines straight up until you reach the D56 Take the GR 9. Do not take the path to the Hermitage. Continue on the road.
6. Before the road sign signalling the turns take the path to the right behind the hedge and follow the fields to the track.
7. Climb straight up and continue until a crossing. Turn left. Once the descent of the rocks past turn right and follow the cemetery and church.
8. You're back on Vaugines.
Discover our editions of the Luberon Heart of Provence to prepare your weekend and holidays: guide, accommodation, hiking...Order